For the first time ever, premium South Asian Channels such as Times Now,
Republic TV, Zoom and Mastiii TV are now available free to stream for consumers
DistroTV, the largest, independent free ad-supported streaming television platform, continues to expand its content offerings to cater to a growing and diverse global audience. The platform today announces DistroTV Desi, initially offering 15+ premier South Asian channel content for free — no subscription or registration necessary. This bundle is expected to grow exponentially over the coming weeks and will be available across the US, UK, Europe, and Canada and offer viewers a variety of diverse content focusing on news, entertainment & lifestyle geared towards the Desi (South Asian – Indian, Pakistani, Bangladeshi, Sri Lankan) population abroad.
The DistroTV Desi Bundle channel offerings include:
News & Opinion
● Republic TV: India’s most watched English news channel.
● Times Now News: One of India’s largest media conglomerates focusing on global news & issues.
● WION (World Is One News): Examining global issues with in-depth analysis.
● Mirror Now: Part of the Times Group offering local and community based coverage.
● R. Bharat: Hindi language news channel from Republic World.
● Times Now Navbharat: Part of the Times Group featuring independent news in Hindi language.
Entertainment & Lifestyle
● Zoom: India’s leading Hindi entertainment television channel featuring Bollywood music, gossip & celebrity updates.
● Mastiii TV: India’s number one music and youth channel.
● Arré: Edgy, new-age infotainment channel from India featuring young & diverse Hindi & English content.
● BritAsia TV: From the UK, a diverse channel with a focus on Bhangra, Punjabi Pop and Bollywood.
● MATV: From the UK, featuring Indian programming in Hindi, English, Gujarati and Punjabi.
● Akaal Channel: Punjabi language focused and Sikhi based lifestyle channel.
● Channel S: The number one British Bangladeshi lifestyle TV channel in the UK.
● NTV: The leading Bangladeshi TV channel from the UK catering to every culture, age group, religion and gender.
With the DistroTV Desi Bundle, DistroTV aims to serve a massive underserved audience, who are lacking authentic entertainment from their home countries. DistroTV fills that void by offering these culturally rich channels in a free bundle so that diverse audiences can stream and enjoy content that might have otherwise been locked behind a subscription or paywall.
Navdeep Saini, co-founder and CEO of DistroScale, parent company of DistroTV said,
“We’re thrilled to provide our diverse and growing global audience with the content they crave, without any subscription fees,”
“No longer will Desi communities in these major markets feel that they cannot access their favorite shows or channels, or feel restricted by associated costs. Our mission at DistroTV is to provide content for every viewer, on every device. And that’s exactly what we’re accomplishing with this latest bundled offering.”
DistroTV is always growing and diversifying its 150+ channel content library. The platform’s strong programming lineup includes a mix of popular film and television shows, such Bloomberg, EuroNews, People TV, Magellan TV and TD Ameritrade network, as well as independent channels like Black Enterprise, as well as Kweli TV, which spotlights the rich history and global diversity of the Black community; Canela TV, featuring Spanish programming; Latido Music, the leading channel for Latin music; and more.
Rajesh Nair, Vice President of Business Development & Content Acquisition at DistroScale, parent company of DistroTV said,
“This is just the beginning, we have many more channels in the pipeline. Smaller South Asian audiences with regional language roots like Gujarati, Marathi, Tamil, and Malayalam who have been largely ignored by mainstream media platforms can now watch their favorite channels in their regional language on DistroTV Desi, without having to depend on dodgy boxes and pirated apps,”
Audiences can enjoy these channels for free anywhere across a wide array of CTV and mobile devices, as well as on the web by visiting Distro.tv – no registration or signup required. To become a viewer and / or understand which channels are available for live and / or Video-on-Demand (VoD) access in the various countries, visit https://www.distro.tv or install DistroTV for free on Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV, Google TV, Samsung TV, Sony TV, iOS or Android.